Tuesday 12 May 2020

Dark Forest Fairy Mercy 1st chapter

Dark Forest Fairy Mercy

Prologue
Create the situation for yourself but don't let the situation overwhelm you. We cannot change God's creation but we can change our creation and make our lives happy. That is birth and death are created by God but happiness and suffering are created by us. We have to face the fate which is chasing us at horse speed.

Christmas Gift
It was a time when the impact of cold was higher but who doesn't like winter. It is my desire too to pull the blanket and sleep in the cold days but I was annoyed when mom pulled out my blanket. “Please mom, I can't wake up now.” I groaned with little shiver and realized the importance of blanket.

Today was a happy day, so I was waiting for tomorrow and the needle of the clock was moving toward ten o'clock. My ears were deafened by the cold and I was already tired of helping my brothers who were decorating our house for Christmas.
Not even the joy of going to see my friends a week later but only the thought of attending the Christmas celebration insisted me to get up.
My brothers are having a happy Christmas celebration, they're wandering in the moonlight with their friends but I couldn't, because I'm only five years old.
“Kevin, We're going to the hospital.” said mom Karen. “We can't leave you alone at home. Get up. Get ready” Mom finished and quickly went out to turn off the lights in the other rooms.
When I stumbled and came out, my dad Williams was looking for something. I stood silently.
Dad got the car key he was looking for, and rushed to pick it up. “Let's leave.” said dad. He walked towards the car and Mom followed him. I could sense that something was wrong but not knowing what to do I went out fast.
Engine snarled, the car shook once and went ahead. Dad started driving the car faster that made me nervous. Decorations added extra beauty to every home and the glowing lights were swallowing the darkness. My eyes were quietly watching the snowfall but there was something in my mind.
We reached the hospital in an hour and it was little crowded. When Dad gestured, we both got out of the car and went inside. He then left to park the car. My dad's friend, Uncle Michael was standing outside a room looking very tensed.
“How's Olivia?” Mom asked uncle Michael. There was some sort of tension in her voice.
“In the delivery room,” He said in a low voice.
Dad arrived. “Everything will be fine.” He tapped uncle Michael's shoulder.
Two hours passed and suddenly I heard a woman scream from a room. It took me few seconds to make sure that the screaming woman was aunt Olivia. I ran to my mom in fear and she cuddled me.
My chest ached in panic, my hands trembled, I had never heard such a howling noise. I gripped mom's shoulder tightly, afraid to come out of her arms.
A little while later, the door opened and a nurse came out with a beautiful baby in her arms. Everyone ran towards the baby but I was the only one staring at the baby in a certain distance.
“Your wife is fine and she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in this Christmas.” The nurse said happily.
Everyone was impressed with the beauty of the child. Slowly I walked closer and grabbed my mother's hand. I was afraid to even touch the baby since it was a newborn.
Uncle Michael seemed to be happy from the moment  he saw the baby. Within a few minutes, the nurse took the baby to another room. I shook my mother's hand lightly.  She immediately turned to me, raised her eyebrows and asked me what it was.
“When will we go home?”I asked in a thin voice.
“Let's go home after seeing aunt Olivia.” Mom said
When my mom said aunt Olivia's name, I remembered how  she screamed. Mom, Dad, and Uncle Michael were standing quietly but I just don't know what to do. I was worried about not being able to attend Christmas celebrations.
The same nurse came out a little later. “Now you can go in and see your wife.” She finished and left.
Uncle Michael opened the door, went in fast and we followed him. In that room, aunt Olivia was lying on the bed and that beautiful baby in the cradle on her left side.
The child was wrapped in a white towel and I was stunned, amazed by the beauty of the child. When mom grabbed my hand and pulled me to the nearest of the cradle, I tilted my head and saw how that baby was seeing.
Her eyes were beautiful, lips were small and her nose was little red. I wanted to touch that child's cheek but also afraid that mom would scold. While Mom and Dad were inquiring  aunt Olivia about her health condition, I tried to touch the baby with one finger. My heart began to beat faster, hands trembled that I had ever touched a newborn baby.
Finally, I touched the baby's chin with one finger and it was very soft.
“Well, I'll come back tomorrow morning and if you need anything in between, just call me.” Dad said as he tapped uncle Michael’s shoulder.
Hearing these words from my father, I felt sad because the time has come for us to leave the child. I stared at the child for a few seconds and then kissed her forehead once and raised my head.
In that moment when I lifted my head she grabbed the chain I was wearing around my neck.
“I think she likes your chain.” Mom said as she grabbed my shoulder.
Everyone agreed to what Mom had said and nodded. Suddenly I took the chain I was wearing around my neck and gave it to  aunt Olivia but nobody expected this from me.
“We were just kidding, dear.” Aunt Olivia mumbled tiredly.
“Dad gifted it to me on my birthday last year and it has photos of my dad and mom.” I said.
“This is my Christmas gift to the baby.” I gave the chain to uncle Michael and smiled.
“This chain will always be hers.” To my height, he sat on his knees and said cheerfully. “One more thing, whenever you want to see her, inform me and I'll bring you. I promise.” Uncle grabbed my hands and said in a low voice.
We all returned home but I was very tired. Mom and Dad have been talking about this for a long time. I had planned to go to the hospital with them the next day too to see the beautiful baby but I didn't know if I could get up early in the morning.
I could not open my eyes in tired, so I lay down on my cot.

17 years later, November snowfall
“Who are you to stop me?” I shouted furiously.
“Stop shouting, Kevin. Is this the way to talk to dad?” My mom Karen interrupted angrily.
Mom has a lot of affection and she will always speak for me but the only thing she could not bear was the words I spoke against my dad.
“Let it be, Karen. I will not mistake him, and also I cannot hand over my detective office until he reaches the goal I expect.” Dad finished vividly and went down to eat breakfast.
“We are tired of hearing this. When will this argument come to an end? My elder brother (Dad's brother Charlie's son) Joe asked bitterly.
“I'm leaving now. See you then.” After telling him, I turned back, opened the door in front of me, and went out fast.
So far I have not told about my family. My dad Williams, has been running a detective office for the past 32 years and mom Karen, for 30 years she has spent some time helping Dad and most of the time, taking care of us.
My first brother Alan is a doctor and second brother Mike is a police but I wanted to take over my father's detective agency.
Joe is my favorite brother and he has six fingers in his left hand, brown eyes, grey hair. He has just finished the practice in Psychology and he is now a Psychiatrist. Of my three brothers, I like him the most.
He has never left me alone in any dangerous situation. I will share everything that happens in my life with him and also he never hesitated to share what was going on in his life with me.
I tried to keep my attention on the road but it was difficult for  me to control my thoughts. How do I reach my dad's goal? I don't really know what his expectations are, and he has never said that till today. Mom and Dad know everything about my desire and ambition.
Another interest of mine is my friends, Jake, Amy, Hannah and Rob. I pressed the accelerator, started driving the car faster to see my friends.
I reached the place where my friends  were waiting for me. We all planned to go to the movie and I hoped it would relax my mind from the stress of being unable to get my dad's detective office.
“Hey Kevin. You are late.” Jake tapped my shoulder from behind.
“I know that..” I replied.
“You shouldn't be like this.” Jake said, raised his eyebrows and waited for my reply.
“As usual, the same fight that comes up for you and your dad?”Amy asked as she watched the concern on my face.
“Yeah,but there was no change in his response.” I grumbled in disgust.
“Leave it. Have you noticed this?” Hannah interrupted with a mocking smile.
“What?” I turned my head to look at what was going on around me.
“Christie’s waiting for you.” Hannah whispered in my ear.
“Accept her love, Kevin.” Rob spoke for her. “She's like an angel.” I know, he likes her very much. “Many girls have told you their love and some of them have even put a curse on you. So many girls are mad at you but you haven't found your angel yet.” He finished in disgust.
“Well let it be. Do you have any plans? Amy, tomorrow is Sunday. What are we going to do?” I distracted them.
“No. Not yet.” She smiled bleakly.
At that moment, Christie stepped towards us. “She's coming. She came near us.” Rob grumbled as he looked at her.
“Rob, no.” I shook my head.
“Hey,” When Christie said in a mild voice, I turned back to look at her directly.
“Hey,” I smiled gently.
“I must remind you.” She said, looking into my eyes.
“You have to remind me of what?” I asked suddenly.
“I'm waiting for you.” She blushed.
“Why are you waiting for me? You don't have to.” I replied quickly.
“You may have said this after thinking well.” She demanded again.
“I know what I'm talking...” I said.
“Maybe oneday you will understand my love. Until then I will wait for you. Bye.” She smiled serenely.
“Such a day will never come into your life. Don't waste your  time. Bye. See you again.” I tried to conclude.
“This is not fair, Kevin.” Hannah hated the response I told Christie.
“What he did was really good.” Rob encouraged.
“Which is a good thing?” Hannah asked furiously.
“Only then I will get a chance to talk to Christie about my love.” Rob said, gazed at Christie again.
“Don't expect her to love you if you do this.” Hannah groaned.
“I have hope that she will love me.” Rob insisted.
“We will see that too.” Hannah also did not end this fight.
“Always you both are fighting for something like this.” Amy said boredly.
Watching their fight, I do not understand what to say. After a while I started talking, “You two listen to me first. There is no such thing in my mind as taunting her. I thought this should be cleared.”
Everyone was staring at me in silence. “I never had such a feeling on her till now and not anymore.” I shook my head. “She should not waste her life thinking about this and you both are fighting without understanding it.” At last I convinced them.
“Stop it , guys. Movie is going to start.” After a while Jake   interrupted.
After hearing what he said, we all went inside to watch the movie. I was already under the stress of not getting Dad's detective office and I came here to relax my mind but this fight is not new to us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment